That day, after beginning my recovery from the head bonk, I was weak and tired, but able to get up and move around. I spent some time talking with my mom. She had a lot of questions about energy and vibrations and essential oils. As I quietly explained how everything vibrates and how our cells are looking for input and the essential oils provides some of that input (as does music, our emotions, nature and more). I could see lightbulbs going off in her mind.
I shared Desiree’s book of Essential Oil blends for emotional and vibrational work called I Am Fabulous. It was a powerful time of sharing that impacted my mom’s world and our relationship. I knew then that the concussion which was born out of frustration and irritation and carelessness was intended and able to be used for great good. As I embraced the situation (missing the last day of Convention due to this concussion) I was able to participate in great healing in myself and in others.
This experience was so fascinating and instructive for me. Here are my take aways, feel free to share yours in the comments!
- Life and emotions happen. We get angry, we experience conflict, we feel strongly sometimes!
- Our bodies CAN and DO respond to those events and emotions. We don’t always recognize the connection immediately, but the more we pay attention, the quicker we can begin to notice.
- We have a CHOICE about the story we create around both the events and the body reactions. For me, i could have played my well-worn poor me/martyr tape, sulked, pouted, felt victimized by fate and told myself the story of hurt, no one caring, missing out on convention and all the effects that could/would be experienced from the concussion. By choosing differently intentionally throughout the weekend, I experienced SO MUCH love and care, so much JOY, so much freedom, and the beautiful satisfaction of having served others, particularly my mom, and being served and cared for—even by a stranger. I experienced the profound peace and wonder at healing and at events that seem bad being used for far greater good.
- Recognizing that I can choose different stories and responses around an event, and working through my tapes and stories, I feel so much freer and empowered.
- I also learned to give AND receive instead of withdraw and whine.
I encourage you to mine the moments in your daily life. They may not be as dramatic as my story here, but if you learn to tune in to your story, and make intentional choices, you will find yourself writing a new and far more delightful tale!
- Posted by Dawn Behm
- On December 6, 2017
- 0 Comments